Re: [eigen] Owls

On 20.02.2012 11:32, Gael Guennebaud wrote:
[Fixed link:]
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/260133/eigen/eigen_logo_04.pdf
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/260133/eigen/eigen_logo_04.odg

As you can see I also put the logo into some real-word pages so that
we can better appreciate their look. This is how I realize that the
previous design does not work well for me, so I totally abandoned it.
Note that in some of the new designs the hat and book are still there
though.

My favorite is the group (d) on the first page.

I must say, I find the group (a) owls look much friendlier :)
However, I think the shape of the head is quite far away from the 本 (běn) character. I would suggest using the upper bar for the ears, the diagonals for the head and the lower bar for the eyes. See here for an approximation of what I have in mind:

http://informatik.uni-bremen.de/~chtz/eigen_logo_chtz.odg
http://informatik.uni-bremen.de/~chtz/eigen_logo_chtz.pdf

Christoph

Dipl.-Inf. Christoph Hertzberg