[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] Owls
- From: Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2012 08:10:02 -0500
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; bh=Qwpl+28li8YYYX4M5pEO8C8npf69D82LskiRY7cb0Gk=; b=u5koHlUyc1+2sGI+6O9fAdgl2qm8+urXlZWQk8Io2eHCIy81K9MldXbP/XbL9pm2V4 7sPH18m4rQNHR8Kwz+OipyEqPDfIZMUZmfsj01u3SQd1H8Nk0Kw+2MLKa11Zt7PFZTVj FVcsmbz+idA6lEKip76bXJBaAXjLfgcWuSYrE=
2012/2/8 Gael Guennebaud <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx>:
> On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 2:09 PM, Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> OK, I see what you mean. I think that the image itself (the owl
>> itself) should remain free of any text: I don't know many mascots that
>> have text on them. But I agree with the need for a second logo with
>> the mascot on the side (still text-free) and the name 'Eigen', styled,
>> next to it.
> ok for that. I guess that for you that eliminates all the variants
> with the 'e' inside the owl, and also the ones with diag([e i g e n]),
> but there are many others. Any opinion on them?
Slide 1: i like all owls except the ones with [eigen] (for reason
above; but the  is ok), and the very last one without the book
Slide 2: not a fan, don't know why. maybe just colors, as i like slide 3 better
Slide 3: this works much better. Again I don't like the writing, and
the lambda would be confusing by itself, but  is OK. So, OK for
most of them if you remove the 'eigen' on the side and only write
 on the owl.
Slide 4: my favorite is the 1st one (1a) but the hat itself without
the owl may not be easy to recognize. Maybe 1a + hat-less owl on the
Slide 5: I like 4a the best. Combining this with the 1a from page 4,
you could move the had from the owl to the n.
Not a fan of brackets around 'eigen' (still doesn't make it look like
a matrix). Putting the e inside the owl makes it too far away from the
other letters, so I'd rather have the owl on the side (see Firefox
Slide 6: again, I prefer 4a.
> So far, I've got a negative feedback on the versions with the owl
> whose hat looks too academic, and a positive one on "e[i]gen" and
> simply "[i]" for the squared version - I'm just sharing some feedback
> I received.