[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] Owls
- From: Gael Guennebaud <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 15:00:30 +0100
- Authentication-results: mr.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx designates 10.42.151.193 as permitted sender) smtp.mail=gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx; dkim=pass header.i=gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to :content-type; bh=SWtCGXWlvvmRBs2xXLZZcz3Knc8PUcE6oS0PtsoFgTg=; b=aiVu/CfyimQKnwQU9ou3kp3XiB+HFVNeUzLPEyhSC+ZqLcDuJHpZoMeYxJ5dkJLC8+ 7tF1tMmLvUz3o7hA2PYSwLmCO6SYfnu0kBVke9IQZLEi9VLEtxzyUIN7nTLPbIl1XZMp N7nP8m2Zx3BBeYU5qlhnhAwZD/SHnX4MUBuac=
On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 11:42 AM, Ricard Marxer <ricardmp@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> wow! those Chinese figurative calligraphy examples are beautiful.
> are you sure the dropbox links are correct?
oops, copy/paste mistake:
> On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 11:32 AM, Gael Guennebaud
> <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> this WE I played with a friend with Chinese figurative calligraphy.
>> Here are some famous examples:
>> The idea is to draw something by deforming the word. Of course that
>> works better using Chinese characters than our alphabet!
>> So, we tried to make a owl using one the possible chinese word for
>> "eigen" and here are some results:
>> As you can see I also put the logo into some real-word pages so that
>> we can better appreciate their look. This is how I realize that the
>> previous design does not work well for me, so I totally abandoned it.
>> Note that in some of the new designs the hat and book are still there
>> My favorite is the group (d) on the first page.