|Re: [eigen] Eigen2 to Eigen3 Migration Path|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] Eigen2 to Eigen3 Migration Path
- From: Rohit Garg <rpg.314@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 21:07:28 +0530
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date :message-id:subject:to:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=Uo8gACGDbILYmCJTsImG6jfoHFXMmGpjogqwg74qMCw=; b=rKMx7TJnh0bIpxGFPd8eRVIiAFAVsXV22dHGipq776mF/5MoLZLWlKOXPbTakLntrq TNjnHPvwjwSfLnPMmRQCng7WNf/FfrCuulSQNQF1fDkWsdaegNIFfX13Jgz3vVpo0dmT 1f++9y1d2xU5P50cHzc1Q0ZC9C8FmBCgeq2K0=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=DqtpVs1AtCBA+QzCpLz11jvjOsRHud76zb/Ut9INRUEJ4i3+XG9XVEsR9L7fy9vBsY DGrzYQrBaNci1BLwVuKr9vXjcVoto3MGwrxK8Yq15dEiullmRd/AOvsD6V+pXcEVJ0xz pvZArzLryVU+lSFqwEJfKEz7So5t/mRUXIV8w=
On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 9:12 PM, Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 2011/1/19 Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>:
>> 2011/1/14 Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>:
>>> Great to see a solution on the horizon. Now we need to implement it. I
>>> filed a bug:
>>> I marked it as blocking 3.0, as it doesn't really need to be tested in
>>> a beta. Could even not block 3.0 actually, but I have a feeling that
>>> that can be implemented quickly.
>> I have started implementing this. EIGEN2_SUPPORT is already expanded
>> as of today, the Eigen2 test suite has been imported into Eigen3, and
>> can be enabled with the CMake option EIGEN_TEST_EIGEN2, after which
>> you can do:
>> make buildtests_eigen2
>> make check_eigen2
>> (I'm going to make standard targets depend on them too, when
>> EIGEN_TEST_EIGEN2 is defined).
>> Currently, only some core functionality tests compile.
> Lots more tests compile and fully succeed now; more work needed.
> I can already say what's going to be the most tricky issue in porting
> apps from eigen2 to eigen3:
> in eigen2, dot product was conjugating the right-hand side (linear in
> the first variable) while in eigen3 it's conjugating the left-hand
> side (linear in the second variable).
> This is going to play tricks on users who did dot products over complex numbers.
> in Eigen2 support mode, since the goal is full API compatibility with
> Eigen2, I'm switching this to eigen2 behavior.
> Of course we need to document this on the Eigen2To3 porting doc page,
> but I'm afraid this might not be enough.
> Should I put a static assert on dot products with complex numbers in
> EIGEN2_SUPPORT mode, forcing people to #define
> I_HAVE_READ_DOCS_ON_THIS_ISSUE or some such ?
Ok, that made me laugh. :P
Why not offer both to users?