Re: [eigen] Eigen2 to Eigen3 Migration Path

I have to say that I'm not fan of such a change, and I would feel very
uncomfortable to ask to all users that I encouraged to directly (or
move to) Eigen3 to have to do such a change. Also this implies that
everybody update their Eigen3 copy and their libs at the same time...

I'm also not sure what is the point of mixing Eigen2 and Eigen3 in the
same project since Eigen 2 and 3 objects are not compatible anyway.

The EIGEN2_SUPPORT way seems much more powerful. Let's be specific. If
project A wants to use Eigen3 as well as a lib B which relies on
Eigen2 then there are two cases:
1 - lib B is a pure template lib (or at least the parts which rely on
Eigen2) then EIGEN2_SUPPORT should do the job (we can make it better
if needed).
2 - lib B is a binary library with a public API involving Eigen2
objects. Then there is still the possibility to recompile B with
Eigen3+EIGEN2_SUPPORT.

gael