|Re: [eigen] Eigen2 to Eigen3 Migration Path|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] Eigen2 to Eigen3 Migration Path
- From: Hauke Heibel <hauke.heibel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 22:24:01 +0100
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=googlemail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date :message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=cYbCmDU/vMNsQJ/qvKWTafCU4irJoQ3kBZBwMBmSQ/c=; b=EiuCOiWlJya5xyLPCX/w0Mbn30ZuI1McfzuL+ekYKCTGcb+w0MsEkh5oE2+nN0hdyP rl+iVS+XwLzte0hEifBtpzIpgx7H4WFRQiNV2BR/H96mTEAPU5OLA+DBvH8D0eCgiF3o ZBeCbCWexR21vJuYqQ1BH8QAoY6QsgZf3E8eA=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=googlemail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; b=EXpJ7lQDrOm5PHglGyI4FBjIyXgeaXZ7EUm3m9Ghy5kkfqTXo4mj7DPlXrG7Xz+Dwt CGtLY8ma4e8l4On5l1yg8rdbABHq3REoePGl7bXrbVZeSOIAM0lioPuh/pwjZGQ2paey kDfSmZwHVP8BaiJww0dwzvO+pwsKC7ZdjfyIk=
On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 9:48 PM, Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
Tully's concern is much more serious than that! There is the concern
of having Eigen2 and Eigen3 coexist in a single software project,
which as discussed is going to stay the case for some time as
libraries using Eigen2 port to Eigen3.
Ok, it seems to be all about being able to let Eigen2 and Eigen3 and maybe EigenX co-exist. I am fine with that, if that is really what you want to support.
That I am not a fan of this feature is probably a matter of taste. I am already thinking of requests such as being able to convert an Eigen2::MatrixXf to an Eigen3::MatrixXf.