Re: [eigen] Patch to fix build on msvc

2010/12/29 Jose Luis Blanco <joseluisblancoc@xxxxxxxxx>:
> On Wed, Dec 29, 2010 at 8:00 PM, Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Thanks, pushed, but I changed your identity to use your full name and
>> email address, see hg log.
>
> Alright!
>
> I also attach another silly patch... I don't know if it's a policy of
> the Eigen project, but for me it looks strange that many informative
> messages are output in CMake with "MESSAGE(" without "STATUS", so for
> example in cmake-gui one has many messages in red.
> IMHO, this may confuse users since they look like errors, but they
> aren't.  If that was unintentional, please apply this patch!

So, I have one problem with that: it prepends messages with "-- ".
This is a problem when we print the "Some things you can do now:"
message, as it breaks the 80-column layout used by this ascii table
(where we explain usual make targets) and vertical space is very
precious there.

Is it OK to make some exceptions for such cases?

Benoit