|Re: [eigen] Patch to fix build on msvc|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] Patch to fix build on msvc
- From: Gael Guennebaud <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2010 17:40:02 +0100
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:mime-version:received:in-reply-to :references:from:date:message-id:subject:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=4195HQCHYtVK6o1HGKmAzsiFjaye3qgEQ3NskbNJkF8=; b=oJwtn4+MAGeWpTMk6iuRx7nELnQO9hGXv+j7RiqdtgWUq0XTOLKgtywMsPknc8p5WB PPLCT1eVSNQH+aYV8kMFROxsURNPl8zhZ0TVzVWGWCU3JO8i/1U4IV9Q4rxEo40qH1Q3 VPOhh9c8rZQx+2RiW8q1U3mKdbCpMYTwF1JLY=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=Mx/JcXNx5u3OstBVIOD5UgSCgYAjyvsZ4ZET4s9hVvJqOQriNb5hrramzgSNXCv7Wg pQgPxK+VsOhiozublfMDm4GhxJYbpwDBehsLKcIMity/wz9j8LAxtqX3uQrsF/EQybwp zsObdZz0dFRy76WH+qHqYLIgFkhFeU/Z7IvDQ=
we could also simply limit the table to 77 characters, that is just a
matter of removing three "-" per horizontal line... maybe I missed
On Thu, Dec 30, 2010 at 3:12 PM, Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 2010/12/29 Jose Luis Blanco <joseluisblancoc@xxxxxxxxx>:
>> On Wed, Dec 29, 2010 at 8:00 PM, Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Thanks, pushed, but I changed your identity to use your full name and
>>> email address, see hg log.
>> I also attach another silly patch... I don't know if it's a policy of
>> the Eigen project, but for me it looks strange that many informative
>> messages are output in CMake with "MESSAGE(" without "STATUS", so for
>> example in cmake-gui one has many messages in red.
>> IMHO, this may confuse users since they look like errors, but they
>> aren't. If that was unintentional, please apply this patch!
> So, I have one problem with that: it prepends messages with "-- ".
> This is a problem when we print the "Some things you can do now:"
> message, as it breaks the 80-column layout used by this ascii table
> (where we explain usual make targets) and vertical space is very
> precious there.
> Is it OK to make some exceptions for such cases?