Re: [eigen] Do we need geometry refactoring?

2010/8/16 Hauke Heibel <hauke.heibel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 5:14 PM, Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I'm going to write to the list about tightening our commit policy (i'd
>> like to request that we run all tests before pushing anything, etc).
>
> I did that for a long time but then dropped it because it takes almost
> two hours on my machine. But you are right, I will be more careful in
> the future.

First of all I didn't think only of you when I wrote that: myself I
pushed crashy / non-compiling code in the past, and so did Gael.

If tests take very long on your machine, you could still push first,
launch the tests, and check the result 2 hours later. A 2 hour window
of exposure to bugs in the repository is not that bad. Just make sure
you don't push just before leaving for a vacation ;-)

Benoit