|Re: [eigen] Do we need geometry refactoring?|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] Do we need geometry refactoring?
- From: Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 11:53:23 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:in-reply-to :references:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=+Kjxs9WMy7o7Wcy/gA61wW4tWm7cwFvdPkpkTZCqea4=; b=g7GoKmB6z4MJ6LIs7aHz/eTVBC/++Rq7DNGIrgvOGMlh+rrPZPO6vtIDZXzpr+HMiZ juajKLwPi6I3BLlVC8Sl4aUkbbtljJVtKkQRGxDuNc8mioFzagpNpEQM9tM8uog/SnZ+ SYN2j96tX7t1yZoiDiFJZ7XGS+qJLadU62kIM=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; b=i1BmzSf6JHY1x/2lhKareJQMcA+4ksNXycvz0k7vSEeRUCTuMnwkD8EygwWAXX9bkX Z0X7blbwhr0KXGkIrPiNfY/x2ftUtD/yFZbt8hjolCWpfWX59UWhBRIFlrlq3ibC77TW CXyuPCd2qFOkfB8GRip5R8oETqESKh2R4dUH4=
2010/8/16 Hauke Heibel <hauke.heibel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 5:14 PM, Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I'm going to write to the list about tightening our commit policy (i'd
>> like to request that we run all tests before pushing anything, etc).
> I did that for a long time but then dropped it because it takes almost
> two hours on my machine. But you are right, I will be more careful in
> the future.
First of all I didn't think only of you when I wrote that: myself I
pushed crashy / non-compiling code in the past, and so did Gael.
If tests take very long on your machine, you could still push first,
launch the tests, and check the result 2 hours later. A 2 hour window
of exposure to bugs in the repository is not that bad. Just make sure
you don't push just before leaving for a vacation ;-)
> I will right away do what we have agreed upon - i.e. remove the
> default parameter.
> - Hauke