|[eigen] adopting a slightly more strict commit policy|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen <eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [eigen] adopting a slightly more strict commit policy
- From: Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 12:58:02 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:date:message-id :subject:from:to:content-type; bh=45gZXr0+Q+orSIRf6g5z73G/aQlbg6txFANvOIFdE8k=; b=U0KUQ/DqnlRZ2h/y34R0aqtOtbilidMxSVI7UUH/V7P0M0j5EYZuDaVAqiWcJZlmB3 ehvVAHL5aMktsokYpG1Ny3YNkIbRWwAKo657+We6DP8LVUb+BEdtlAW/REHyNJzS+bqW iwEFON5ChBRqMVRGnx3naklkJqCQBJNP6hyu8=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; b=TCAf+PbVt4/sofXLv9P8BHhHpfc1fsYREcq/zeNMw+7GBcFSGmzER/XnryPm6vzkD4 AwrwTc72zX8KvdQp09gEU8JENlYi7bV2UMO6TVRosfTuKGeitwt89u3xcMuzWLz5o8Bi mb3b1QdmyYME5vkn+xpmk9ADEy0JQdjzY0hB8=
In the recent past, we have pushed stuff that made tests fail, or even
fail to build. It would have helped if we had had a policy of always
building and running all tests before pushing anything.
On the other hand, this can take a long time and sometimes one wants
to push quickly.
So here's a proposal:
- ideally we check all the tests before pushing;
- however if needed we may push first and check immediately after.
This means be available later on the same day to fix any ensuing test
failure as quickly as possible.
In any case: don't push just before leaving for a vacation :) (not
that this has happened --- I just like to annoy people with obvious
Do you agree?