Re: [eigen] documentation: the long tutorial

2010/6/21 Carlos Becker <carlosbecker@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Thanks for the feedback. When you talk about declaring an object as an Array
> rather than a Matrix, which would be the advantages?

It's not a matter of advantages or inconvenients. Array and Matrix
stand on an equal footing, they just do different things.
 - Matrix supports linear algebraic operations.
 - Array supports general array operations.

> Is there any penalty
> for using matrix.array()?

No, it is cost-less (provided that compiler optimizations are
enabled). The same applies to all our expression construction, e.g.
calling matrix.block(...) or matrix.transpose() is also cost-less.

Benoit