Re: [eigen] documentation: the long tutorial

Hi all. I believe I can take care of a part of this tutorial or maybe the whole of it. Should I start by modifying the current tutorial in doxygen?

thanks!
Carlos

On Sat, Jun 19, 2010 at 2:52 AM, Thomas Capricelli <orzel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

In data venerdì 18 giugno 2010 15:18:05, Benoit Jacob ha scritto:
> 11. Eigen's class hierarchy
> 12. Eigen's various header files
>
> We mention here the headers such as Eigen/Core (so far we talked only
> about Eigen/Dense and perhaps Sparse).

Yes, I agree. This is very important to lower the "barrier to entry" for newcomers.

All of this is for users, and is what is needed first. Ideally, one day, there would be also some doc toward developers (of eigen). It is harder to write, but something very great would be a general overview of the design. Something very high level, not going into details (only giving pointers), that would help understanding, from a developer point of view, how things are done.
It would mention the various c++ tricks used, the general way of handling vectorization(paquets?), how different codepaths are taken according to various compilers options/matrix or vector types/features detected(such as availability of vectorization or openmp), and so on.

Yes, i fully agree this can wait for after 3.0. But then, it would become a must-have !

greetings,
Thomas
--
Thomas Capricelli <orzel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>