|Re: [eigen] documentation: the long tutorial|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] documentation: the long tutorial
- From: Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2010 10:01:04 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:in-reply-to :references:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=g6piQdAbOZ1cdv+4mCOQ0m+N6slxK8sd16tPXKs9Z68=; b=pizcTGkM+lfzfPL4MG5a6rpMVR5sTu867Rq7nk9BtrqKCJ69uivLmPuzDwT/UR4B6M orcTYuhmclnEhSqEIku4fjMDIB2Q24utT7Blb4zrODo0YMbrDnvsK+xpT2SY8TMSbzdC Rwo+hLk/d+gzLEoZmqlVWhy0dde6NdlBwhZ18=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=TtQXVjONP/fri74GVjfj2N8fCfTd/+i+e9l6FxDba6KSgunFnuqTLt40fARhxKHhuM OJK6Fbvm+Sb2nPVqWTGNwxTWE5buMM8ynxH9XOLsgrSsRytE+K2qO+YaeJbnLG6NYigH jHlDkutJFGqeLV+sK8DV4msDn2NZH6QV9i8yM=
Great; I don't think you'll be able to reuse the current tutorial
much, except perhaps for some sentences that you might copy and paste,
as the whole approach we're discussing here is quite different from
the approach of the existing tutorial. We're aiming at pages that have
a lot more text, a lot more detail, not just "reference tables" with
You're very welcome to start writing some of the above-discussed
pages; please write here to say which one you're starting with, so as
to avoid duplication of effort. Don't hesitate to show an early draft
so we can check we agree on the approach. Please let me do the 1st one
in my list ("the matrix class"), i'll try to do it today to show an
example of what I had in mind.
2010/6/19 Carlos Becker <carlosbecker@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Hi all. I believe I can take care of a part of this tutorial or maybe the
> whole of it. Should I start by modifying the current tutorial in doxygen?
> On Sat, Jun 19, 2010 at 2:52 AM, Thomas Capricelli <orzel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> In data venerdì 18 giugno 2010 15:18:05, Benoit Jacob ha scritto:
>> > 11. Eigen's class hierarchy
>> > 12. Eigen's various header files
>> > We mention here the headers such as Eigen/Core (so far we talked only
>> > about Eigen/Dense and perhaps Sparse).
>> Yes, I agree. This is very important to lower the "barrier to entry" for
>> All of this is for users, and is what is needed first. Ideally, one day,
>> there would be also some doc toward developers (of eigen). It is harder to
>> write, but something very great would be a general overview of the design.
>> Something very high level, not going into details (only giving pointers),
>> that would help understanding, from a developer point of view, how things
>> are done.
>> It would mention the various c++ tricks used, the general way of handling
>> vectorization(paquets?), how different codepaths are taken according to
>> various compilers options/matrix or vector types/features detected(such as
>> availability of vectorization or openmp), and so on.
>> Yes, i fully agree this can wait for after 3.0. But then, it would become
>> a must-have !
>> Thomas Capricelli <orzel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>