Re: [eigen] If Eigen adds a tiny shared library (was: Malloc-free dynamic matrices)

Good overall summary. I'll add one more (somewhat overlapping though).

The rate determining step for eigen upgrades now is hg pull

With a binary lib it becomes your distro's package upgrade rate. For
those like me who are loath to compile sw every now and then, it is a
*big* hassle.