|Re: [eigen] If Eigen adds a tiny shared library (was: Malloc-free dynamic matrices)|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] If Eigen adds a tiny shared library (was: Malloc-free dynamic matrices)
- From: Rohit Garg <rpg.314@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2010 20:18:51 +0530
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :from:date:message-id:subject:to:content-type; bh=08IuVKxyhh67lG6oB+pUVrQrQfDp5kmjGboqoqfmC38=; b=e0qr316SEE4clhG8KuJpgdmzmrT5Owhf8AfmsjvuCupkvDWif3+kpxIsE+H6opGzPs tvhKk23eo7RcD6pkecm3wifAR8ZMkmRuIFpKyRtCPAtRqZx0IxzhVOp2mr4r/kKEnNP2 YiWeRVjkI+FbBga7y0DZpLsmjFeaho+ifZlHw=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to :content-type; b=Rf7PDH1ibZ1N3BVOoaGIbmBSr0T0daGsXZOrkFKWGV9I1YPMCK+21v7vJXpRQnElRp LqolMafMBKPfDeybEAft10oARX7XCf/9r3txqOVxP0eGZdFqDNc6xtir5gu72Hb5/tJs 07d9HxhnJ1mbrdOSO47kUeGaYuxZqw3FDlO88=
My attraction for header only goes beyond the licensing issue.
On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 8:09 PM, Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Very good remarks, see my next-to-last email in that thread, i
> actually mention that as one of many issues if we introduced even a
> tiny binary lib. Basically it would have to be BSD/MIT licensed. Which
> would pose more documentation/communication problems.
> 2010/3/5 Rohit Garg <rpg.314@xxxxxxxxx>:
>> I think eigen should stick to it's header only roots. There are many
>> advantages in this approach. At worst, add the shared lib in the
>> unsupported folder.
>> On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 6:09 PM, FMDSPAM <fmdspam@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> It appears to me, that if eigen is adding a (even tiny) shared library,
>>> eigen is not a "header only lib" anymore, isn't it?
>>> So I have to ask: Don't that imply problems (or additional issues) in
>>> respect to LGPLv3 and closed source software?
>>> I have to admit, I didn't know the answer.
>>> Special Thanks to Benoit for the LGPL-"Battle" with VTK people and the
>>> therefore exhausted License FAQ!
>> Rohit Garg
>> Senior Undergraduate
>> Department of Physics
>> Indian Institute of Technology
Department of Physics
Indian Institute of Technology