|Re: [eigen] If Eigen adds a tiny shared library (was: Malloc-free dynamic matrices)|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] If Eigen adds a tiny shared library (was: Malloc-free dynamic matrices)
- From: Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2010 09:39:32 -0500
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=nudIog2vdC19qGzGn8+tmOMhYXUnuPrB5YA0hTi3PWQ=; b=BM2ApcXCp8Kch6HgL+X/XD8UFiO3F9v6DogIks1FIA7nQKuAsjinH5lfi7GSsjX3fK FHQgi8QaeUusHUXED1J8yMZjA5T57Yy4jDFJDy5Jv+R6IOjZT5q1PUmr67Q6V+o0guRy Ras3zBzrgHSsK5Ehwpa+xMquSBoqnBeuzm/r4=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; b=DNufsdKy6MOY38KnVqmzwp7ceNcIAK00YGj9pn9PvWOHXoMFIsFICUImLxmf/K4m6E JLeLPdhMx7BpT9PY+k3RmuUVV4QKCNBhrkm5gPapxq8mhvrADtK2barOcOxB8WGuYThL pL2vgpIRW1tQwXnLhg/zO6lMbMON1OZt38anQ=
Very good remarks, see my next-to-last email in that thread, i
actually mention that as one of many issues if we introduced even a
tiny binary lib. Basically it would have to be BSD/MIT licensed. Which
would pose more documentation/communication problems.
2010/3/5 Rohit Garg <rpg.314@xxxxxxxxx>:
> I think eigen should stick to it's header only roots. There are many
> advantages in this approach. At worst, add the shared lib in the
> unsupported folder.
> On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 6:09 PM, FMDSPAM <fmdspam@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> It appears to me, that if eigen is adding a (even tiny) shared library,
>> eigen is not a "header only lib" anymore, isn't it?
>> So I have to ask: Don't that imply problems (or additional issues) in
>> respect to LGPLv3 and closed source software?
>> I have to admit, I didn't know the answer.
>> Special Thanks to Benoit for the LGPL-"Battle" with VTK people and the
>> therefore exhausted License FAQ!
> Rohit Garg
> Senior Undergraduate
> Department of Physics
> Indian Institute of Technology