|Re: [eigen] If Eigen adds a tiny shared library (was: Malloc-free dynamic matrices)|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] If Eigen adds a tiny shared library (was: Malloc-free dynamic matrices)
- From: Rohit Garg <rpg.314@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2010 18:43:13 +0530
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :from:date:message-id:subject:to:content-type; bh=wzKflKkvFlEeVTrUitSmZiHPlZTU/naPJYNpOelLdAs=; b=Py3pc5shmpR1yH4lMovB0BmxcMfMN8cxAqEQ54Nf7GL5edon7XpDB9BpShaxXWVeMT XubhsXWQFVcnfq1E5BNq2LnxXHLIDtnpIwd1mDQU//mLsnPqwesABK/3WNwU5NkuX0Nk nQEVBj3pKmw8IhyYl1WvKsV6oQdxVFDVw1/tg=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to :content-type; b=kWonf09fYZPhXDbz7BluxlZEhkrf5FgvA8MujYyMEy2sOSlUPzpP1E3mDlVLULiONp aZbOQia8qoNX5d+5YVjAuQiMmZKuWFmsjHc0rWUvtl9Dmigc0J67zO6SIeRXVbT3I3GY kIGn78kJLU7izdMQxBK52slrZUFGESIZ8QUKU=
I think eigen should stick to it's header only roots. There are many
advantages in this approach. At worst, add the shared lib in the
On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 6:09 PM, FMDSPAM <fmdspam@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> It appears to me, that if eigen is adding a (even tiny) shared library,
> eigen is not a "header only lib" anymore, isn't it?
> So I have to ask: Don't that imply problems (or additional issues) in
> respect to LGPLv3 and closed source software?
> I have to admit, I didn't know the answer.
> Special Thanks to Benoit for the LGPL-"Battle" with VTK people and the
> therefore exhausted License FAQ!
Department of Physics
Indian Institute of Technology