Re: [AD] RFC - Linux WM Fullscreen Patch

I added a config variable to force the new behaviour off and test 5 wms.

Unity (enabled): ok
Unity (disabled): not working

KDE (enabled): ok
KDE (disabled): almost

LXDE (enabled): ok
LXDE (disabled): ok

Others:

On XFCE, with the patch enabled first 5 modesets work, then the panel starts
overlapping. With the patch disabled, the panel starts overlapping right away
but then stops after a number of modesets.

On IceWM, with the patch enabled the initial modeset works, consecutive ones
look weird. With the patch disabled, initial modeset has the panel overlapping
and consecutive modesets work.

Re: your results with kwin, I had similar results, with every iteration except the first shifted down slightly, but I modified the patch and that seems fixed now. I'm using kwin 4.11.10 (Ubuntu 14.04).

The biggest problem with my results is XFCE... however I don't know how common using al_resize_display is, and the initial modeset is actually an improvement over sans patch.