Re: [AD] RFC - Linux WM Fullscreen Patch

I also tested tabbing for ex_fs_window with the patch applied where
that worked and
tabbing was available. I had problems with compiz because Icouldn't
get tabbing to work for it in general, but for the rest all window
managers that did correctly handle a fullscreen window and supported
tabbing also handled tabbing from and to ex_fs_window correctly.

Kind Regards,

B.
Test of full screen switching with Trent's latest patch:

xfwm4
   ex_fs_resize: OK
   ex_fs_window: OK
   tabbing     : OK for ex_fs_window

compiz - with legacy mode on
   ex_fs_resize: OK
   ex_fs_window: OK
   tabbing     : Couldn't get tabbing to work at all even with appswitcher plugin.

compiz - with legacy mode off
   ex_fs_resize: OK
   ex_fs_window: OK
   tabbing     : Couldn't get tabbing to work at all even with appswitcher plugin.

metacity
   ex_fs_resize: OK - metacity does complain that what we do is "legacy".
   ex_fs_window: OK
   tabbing     : OK for ex_fs_window

fvwm / fvwm2
   ex_fs_resize: NOK - switches to fullscreen but the result has wrong size
   ex_fs_window: NOK - does not switch.

openbox
   ex_fs_resize: NOK - switches to fullscreen but the result has wrong size
   ex_fs_window: OK
   tabbing     : This WM does not support tabbing.

icewm
   ex_fs_resize: NOK - switches mode but wrong focus so "locks up" the screen.
   ex_fs_window: OK
   tabbing     : OK for ex_fs_window

pekwm
   ex_fs_resize: OK
   ex_fs_window: OK
   tabbing     : This WM does not support tabbing.

xmonad
   does not work at all on my system

wmii
   ex_fs_resize: OK
   ex_fs_window: OK
   tabbing     : This WM does not support tabbing.

sawfish
   ex_fs_resize: OK
   ex_fs_window: OK
   tabbing     : This WM does not support tabbing.

dwm
   ex_fs_resize: NOK - switches mode but size is wrong
   ex_fs_window: OK
   tabbing     : This WM does not support tabbing.

awesome
   ex_fs_resize: OK
   ex_fs_window: OK
   tabbing     : This WM does not support tabbing.

blackbox
   ex_fs_resize: NOK - switches to fullscreen but the result has wrong size
   ex_fs_window: NOK - doesn't hide the topmost window decoration

fluxbox
   ex_fs_resize: NOK - first switch is OK but next ones are wrong size
   ex_fs_window: NOK - first switch has wrong size, after that it becomes OK

kwm
   ex_fs_resize: NOK - almost ok but image is shifted down by the size of the task bar
   ex_fs_window: OK
   tabbing     : OK for ex_fs_window

mutter