From: Beoran [mailto:beoran@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: July 8, 2014 9:27 AM
To: Allegro Development
Subject: Re: [AD] Fullscreen problems on Linux

I once read a message on some X related mailing list claiming that
applications shouldn't change screen resolution at all and should use what
we call a "fullscreen window" and upscale instead.
Now i think this is complete nonsense, but apparently there are quite a few
people who do x development who feel that this is the way to go. And I feel
the compiz guys are thinking like that, an are trying to force things in
that way.

Anyway, as a practical solution to this problem, we could probably call
gconftool-2 and inspect, and then turn on that legacy setting. (and turn it
off again after full screen if it was turned off) It's a huge hack, but
compiz is forcing our hand here... :p