Re: [AD] Fullscreen problems on Linux

I once read a message on some X related mailing list claiming that applications shouldn't change screen resolution at all and should use what we call a "fullscreen window" and upscale instead. Now i think this is complete nonsense, but apparently there are quite a few people who do x development who feel that this is the way to go. And I feel the compiz guys are
thinking like that, an are trying to force things in that way.

Anyway, as a practical solution to this problem, we could probably call gconftool-2 and inspect, and then turn on that legacy setting. (and turn it off again after full screen if it was turned off) It's a huge hack, but compiz is forcing our hand here... :p