Re: [AD] Ouya controller support

On Sat, 13 Jul 2013 21:54:35 -0600, Trent Gamblin <nooskewl@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Ok I goofed the push up. Last time I used "git push official
> 51.-ouya-ljoy:5.1" and that worked. This time I forgot and just used "git
> push official 5.1-ouya-ljoy" and it createded a branch. I thought it would
> be easy to merge that though.

Yeah, normally it should just be

    git checkout 5.1
    git merge 5.1-ouya-ljoy

> I've been frantically looking for information
> at how to fix this, but everything results in:
>
> Password:
> Counting objects: 9, done.
> Delta compression using up to 4 threads.
> Compressing objects: 100% (5/5), done.
> Writing objects: 100% (5/5), 597 bytes, done.
> Total 5 (delta 3), reused 0 (delta 0)
> remote: Please set user.email in .git/config to trentg@xxxxxxxxxx
> (and make sure your user.name is correct)!
> remote: You tried to commit as Jonathan Lilliemarck
> (jonathan.lilliemarck@xxxxxxxxxx)
> remote: After that fix the commit with the following command and push again.
> remote: git commit --amend --reset-author
> To ssh://trentg@xxxxxxxxxx
> ! [remote rejected] 5.1-ouya-ljoy -> 5.1 (pre-receive hook declined)
> error: failed to push some refs to
> 'ssh://trentg@xxxxxxxxxx'
>
> So help would be appreciated.

In this case you hit a pre-receive hook script installed by Elias
which is supposed to prevent misspellings of user names and emails on
commits.  I don't know you weren't prevented last time, or why this time
it didn't recognise Jonathan Lilliemarck from the previous commits.

Anyway, I logged into the SF shell server and temporary disabled the
hook (chmod -x /home/git/p/alleg/allegro.git/hooks/pre-receive)
did the push, and re-enabled the hook.

Peter