Re: [AD] Ouya controller support

Slight problem here. Peter, is it possible to do hotplugging without sys/timerfd.h? It’s not in the latest NDK (or earlier.) Without it the joysticks eventually shut off for power saving and then the only thing you can do is force close the game.

Trent

Sent: Saturday, July 13, 2013 10:33 AM
Subject: Re: [AD] Ouya controller support

I guess we can implement a mouse driver with motion events similar to the first approach i tried. It seems like the controllers emits relative events and the system calculates where the cursor is. All controllers controls the same cursor on screen.

We still need to figure out how to map the input devices to a player index with the Linux driver. The event devices appear in the order they are connected and don't map directly to the lights on the controller. This could be done with the OuyaController class.

/ Jonathan