Re: [AD] ex_menu crash in Windows

On 24 Nov 2011, at 13:58 , Peter Wang wrote:
> Ok, did that, or at least made a start.  We'll probably want a way to
> create an unmapped window to embed elsewhere.  I just ran an Allegro
> program, then got the window ID out of allegro.log and passed it to
> socket.py from:

I only skimmed the documentation, so I may not understand completely what this does.
Do I understand correctly if I think that this allows us to create an X11 window with Allegro, then pass the window ID to GTK (or Qt, or whatever) as well tell GTK how to request mouse/keyboard data from Allegro. GTK is then able to draw a menu on the window we created with Allegro, and send messages back to Allegro if the menu has been clicked/otherwise interacted with?
If so, that's pretty cool (do we need to enlarge the window to fit the menu?). If not, how far off am I?

Evert