Re: [AD] ex_menu crash in Windows

On Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 5:07 AM, Elias Pschernig
<elias.pschernig@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> We probably could even draw our own menus, hooking into the input code
> and into al_flip_display. Since that would be somewhat hackish a
> better idea would be to slightly adapt the AP for itI, but anyway,
> this would then go into the territory of an actual GUI addon...

The native dialog should be restricted to things that are outside the
context of what goes on in a display's back buffer. I don't see any
reason to try to emulate native menus or add support for any type of
widget.

On the flip side, an Allegro GUI add-on might hook into the native
dialogs to display menus if available.

> Somewhat related, I think it would be nice having an ex_gtk and an
> ex_qt example, showing how to make Allegro draw into an OpenGL widget
> of either (and re-route gtk/qt input back to Allegro).

Is it easily possible to do something like this?

al_set_new_display_option(ALLEGRO_GTK, 2, ALLEGRO_REQUIRE);

If not, what about something like this in the native dialog addon?

al_create_gtk2_display(w, h);

--
Matthew Leverton