Re: [AD] al_list_config_entries

On Wed, 2005-06-22 at 17:37 +0200, Michal Molhanec wrote:
> > The problem with VC6 is, it doesn't even conform to C90.
>
> examples?

There were several cases where someone using VC6 added wrong C code in a
project we were working on.. and apparently it compiled there, but not
in gcc. I could look in the CVS logs for those cases, but no point. And
there's no question it doesn't do C99.

> > I'd say, we
> > should support it as long as possible, but if the effort to keep it
> > working slows down everything else, or we simply don't have anyone
> > anymore to regularly test it, then we should drop support.
>
> what effort was needed up to now?

Well, we can't use new features which allow to write better code. And
I'd like to get rid of all the weird macros in Allegro, like AL_CONST
and so on.. writing just clean C99 code surely is the best thing to do,
even if VC6 and gcc2.95 can't compile it.

--
Elias Pschernig