Re: [AD] al_list_config_entries

Elias Pschernig wrote:

There were several cases where someone using VC6 added wrong C code in a
project we were working on.. and apparently it compiled there, but not
in gcc. I could look in the CVS logs for those cases, but no point. And
there's no question it doesn't do C99.

this sometimes happens with every compiler

Well, we can't use new features which allow to write better code. And
I'd like to get rid of all the weird macros in Allegro, like AL_CONST
and so on..

msvc6 supports const keyword, AL_CONST is needed probably only for gcc < 3 and watcom < 12

writing just clean C99 code surely is the best thing to do,
even if VC6 and gcc2.95 can't compile it.

as I already wrote, MS has no C99 compiler; neither 7.0 or 7.1 supports C99

--
Regards,
    Michal

ICQ# 175762750