Re: [AD] al_list_config_entries

Chris wrote:

As for VS6, the VC7 compiler is available for free. You could probably just build the lib with the free tools, and use VS6 for your programs (assuming you could make it produce VS6-compatible libs). If VS6 conformed to the standards Allegro would need, I don't see any reason it shouldn't be supported.. but I don't think it is, and we shouldn't be held back by it (just like we shouldn't need to continue to support GCC < 3.2, assuming no major platforms are that far back).

I don't see any reason for rejecting VC++ 6. It's outdated C++ compiler, but it is still extremely fast and comfortable IDE for plain C (IMHO best plain C windows IDE). Allegro is written using plain C, so any imperfection in C++ is irrelevant.

BTW It is also best thing for producing Allegro DLL because it is smallest and doesn't depend on msvcr7x.dll; I use it in my devpak.

--
Regards,
    Michal

ICQ# 175762750