Re: [AD] Re: exunicod

On Fri, 2005-03-25 at 16:21 +0100, Andrei Ellman wrote:

> I think it could also be used for foreign trademarks, but I think that
> when displaying foreign-text in logo-form, they keep the original text
> intact. I don't know much about Japanese writing except that they have 3
> alphabets and that the third alphabet is used for writing foreign words.
>
> More details on Japanese writing is available in the following Wikipedia
> article:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_writing_system

Well, I consulted the Japanese experts on #allegro:

<allefant> would you use roman letters for Allegro, or something else?
<entheh> Allegroへようこそ
<entheh> probably Roman letters
<entheh> you could write アレグロ or アレッグロ somewhere for the pronunciation (not sure which)
<allefant> the first one is what exunicod says currently. guess we can leave it then
<entheh> allefant: アレグロへようこそ ?
<allefant> no.. Allegroへようこそ
<entheh> ah :)
<entheh> yep, that's fine
<entheh> I'd go with Roman but maybe but the pronunciation on the Japanese version of the home page

Btw, does anyone know if any of the current languages are right to left?
And any objections to my new layout instead of the previous one?

--
Elias Pschernig