Re: [AD] Re: Alleg-developers digest, Vol 1 #948 - 9 msgs

On Tue, 2005-03-22 at 09:50 +0100, Grzegorz Adam Hankiewicz wrote:
> On 2005-03-15, Victor <vwss1984@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Oh yes, if we added Kannada to exunicod , why not add brazilian portuguese? "Welcome to Allegro" would be written "Bem-vindo ao Allegro". :)
> >
> > OFF-TOPIC COMMENT: I'm not sure, but i think in portuguese from Portugal it would be "Bem-vindo ao Allegro" too, but there are some differences in the language from Brasil and Portugal that made some phrases and words from one country sounds very strange in the other, even speaking the same language.
>
> I think the example is already getting quite crowded. However, I've

And I think we agreed we only add languages with new symbols. So for
Kannada, we could even remove one of the ASCII only languages. Or
alternatively, we could do a different algorithm, leaving somewhat more
horizontal space. Then we could add more languages, like e.g. German, as
well :)

> never understood why the messages move from left to right. Surely we
> would want the examples to move from right to left to follow the natural
> direction of reading except for those languages which are read right to
> left?

Makes sense. Feel free to make the change. Or else, I'd actually like to
try now to implement the less-crowded layout mentioned above, and also
add non-unicode languages.. can then easily change the direction
depending on the already present left_ro_right flag.

--
Elias Pschernig