Re: [AD] giftware license

> this is why there is "Older versions" section on Allegro homepage :-)

Yes, was too lazy to check. In any case, looks like it is targeted
specifically to the person of Shawn Hargreaves, for the other
contributors there's no difference if it is swapware or giftware :)

> please? Allegro is library it can't hold any rights at all. only human
> beings or some legal entity can hold rights. or have programming
> libraries their senators?
>
> copyright always holds the _author_. he can give you rights to use.
> that's all. library by itself cannot hold any rights because it's
> programming library not legal entity nor human being

Well, I don't know.. does any contributor to the linux kernel hold
copyright on the contributed parts? I'd have thought, such a project
is similiar to an organization.. but of course, you're right, there's
no legal entity. I hope someone can clarify this. (Or I could look for
a site explaining basic legal stuff instead :P)