Re: [AD] giftware license

> IMHO no, only parts written before licence change by other people than
> Shawn.

Which may be quite some parts, and hard to identify. What exactly was
the swapware license?

About copyright.. I think, maybe what was meant on the OSI list, is
the copyright by Allegro. I.e. by contributing to Allegro, the
copyright goes to Allegro. If someone else now uses the code, then
the copyright holder (Allegro) is the only one legally able to change
the license. The same would apply if Allegro takes some code written
by someone, and just merges it into the lib. This code then stays at
its original license (even if it allows using the code. if it does not
- then integrating it would be plainly illegal anyway).

This would also make the other FAQ entry about copyright wrong.. since
by contributing to Allegro the copyright of the modified parts would
move to Allegro as well. They'd still have the right to claim they
wrote it.. but the other copyrigt rights they would give away by
contributing.

May be totally off though. If we can't clarify this, I'll remove those
two FAQ entries again.. since they are apparently more confusing than
clarifying :P