Re: [AD] Screen update API again

> I hope this can be done in the case of the gfx API... I'm starting to
> think the new features will require new vtable entries and major
> overhaul, so maybe sitting on top of the old API will not be a viable
> solution in the long run. Anyway, it'll ease the start, so I completely
> agree.

It will require a lot of changes, yes. But to get the functionality of the old
API working on the new one doesn't take that much extra work.
I have a partial inversion sitting on my computer at home at the moment that
does this and it works better than I had expected it to.

> I've got the latest snapshot from Peter's repository. Now, how do I
> test it? It seems the patch.diff only includes changes for the allegro
> tree, but does not include the new files... Should I copy them over
> manually or is there an automated way?

What I did is to extract the archive over a copy of the current Allegro tree and
apply the patch.diff. Copying the files manually should have the same effect.

> Only complain: what about renaming al_install_timer/al_uninstall_timer
> to al_create_timer/al_destroy_timer? Seems more sensible to me, since
> they both return a newly allocated AL_TIMER structure...

Sounds reasonable to me. Also fits in nicely with
al_create_display()/al_destroy_display() ;)

Evert