Re: [AD] Screen update API again

What I did is to extract the archive over a copy of the current Allegro tree and apply the patch.diff. Copying the files manually should have the same effect.

humm, seems like the patch was taken too much time ago, and in the meanwhile the CVS has changed... so now the patch does not work anymore on current snapshot, and gives a lot of problems. Peter, can you provide me a newer patch against current Allegro CVS?
Or better, put up the new branch with the patch already applied :)

Only complain: what about renaming al_install_timer/al_uninstall_timer
to al_create_timer/al_destroy_timer? Seems more sensible to me, since
they both return a newly allocated AL_TIMER structure...

Sounds reasonable to me. Also fits in nicely with
al_create_display()/al_destroy_display() ;)

humm, I've read Eric suggested "install" 2 years ago, but I do not agree his vision; install may be ok for input devices, but timers are not really input devices... and "create" fits much better IMHO here.

--
Angelo Mottola
a.mottola@xxxxxxxxxx