Re: [AD] Screen update API again

My take, in this case on the graphics API, is to get a working version as soon as possible so that it can be tested. This means setting it on top of
current functions.
Then, when consensus is reached about the API, the situation is inverted
and the old API is reworked into a compatibility layer.

I hope this can be done in the case of the gfx API... I'm starting to think the new features will require new vtable entries and major overhaul, so maybe sitting on top of the old API will not be a viable solution in the long run. Anyway, it'll ease the start, so I completely agree.

I think Peter followed the opposite approach with his timer/thread API.
Does that work on MacOS X, btw?

I've got the latest snapshot from Peter's repository. Now, how do I test it? It seems the patch.diff only includes changes for the allegro tree, but does not include the new files... Should I copy them over manually or is there an automated way? I've examined the code and tests, and it looks very nice as an API! I like its elegance :) Only complain: what about renaming al_install_timer/al_uninstall_timer to al_create_timer/al_destroy_timer? Seems more sensible to me, since they both return a newly allocated AL_TIMER structure...

--
Angelo Mottola
a.mottola@xxxxxxxxxx