Re: [AD] 4.0.2 release

On 2002-06-10, Eric <ebotcazou@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> * Matthew reported a minor issue we're investigating. Moreover, he pointed
> out again that GNU make is required and I answered him I thought this point
> was documented, but I couldn't find where. Is it documented anywhere ?

I put a warning in configure regardless.

On 2002-06-10, Evert <eglebbk@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> grep: illegal option -- q
> Usage: grep -hblcnsviw pattern file . . .

Man page says:

    Shell scripts intended to be portable to traditional grep should
    avoid both -q and -s and should redirect output to /dev/null instead.

Unix sucks.  Patch attached.

> /bin/sh: test: argument expected
> gmake: *** [install-lib] Error 1

I can't tell what this is from, but maybe it's this in makefile.in:

  @for l in alleg alld allp; do \
    if test -f $(libdir)/lib$${l}-$(shared_version).so -a \! -L $(libdir)/lib$${l}.so.${shared_major_minor}; then \
      (cd $(libdir); ln -s lib$${l}-$(shared_version).so lib$${l}.so.${shared_major_minor}); \
    fi; \
  done

PS. Reading libtool's documentation and some course notes, it seems Unix
shared library mechanisms vary a lot.  I'm specifically worried about
the above block.  Symlinking might not be the normal way things are done
on a particular Unix.  Dunno if it's worth fixing or using libtool.

--
王浩禎