Re: [AD] 4.0.2 release

> I just compiled allegro 4.02 RC 1 on IRIX 6.5, running on an SGI O2.

Thanks for testing.

> At the end of configure's output:
>
> > creating ./config.status
> > creating makefile
> > creating allegro-config
> > creating include/allegro/platform/alunixac.h
> > ./configure[4982]: gmake:  not found
>
> My system doesn't have an alias 'gmake' for gnu make, it only has
> make (which is gnu make). I fixed this by modifying configure.in to
> use make instead of gmake. Perhaps it's possible to check if gmake
> exists, if yes then use it, if no check if make is actually gnu make?

That's a solution. But I'd rather fix the existing test in configure.in
(which should detect GNU make). What does 'make -v' give on your system ?

> Configure forgot to run 'make depend' at the end, causing
>
> > make: *** No rule to make target `lib/unix/liballeg-4.0.2.so',
> > needed by `lib'.
> >  Stop.
>
> Running 'make depend' by hand fixed the problem. I noticed
> docs/build/unix.txt doesn't mention 'make depend', so this should
> probably be fixed if possible.

'make depend' should have been automatically run by the configure script,
but because of the gmake bug, it wasn't.

Btw I noticed something funny: you can't run 'make depend' if the
makefile.dep file is not already present. I fixed that in the patch.

> During 'make depend' the following message came by:
>
> > /bin/sh -c 'cd . && misc/depmod.sh esddigi "`esd-config --libs`"
> > src/unix/uesd.c' >>makefile.dep /bin/sh: esd-config:  not found
>
> Which makes sense as I don't have esd :-)

Which is funny too, because the configure script precisely checks the
presence of 'esd-config' :-)

Could you test the attached patch ? Apply it and delete configure, makefile
and makefile.dep, then run autoconf and configure. It should fix all your
problems, assuming 'make -v' returns something consistent.

--
Eric Botcazou
ebotcazou@xxxxxxxxxx