Re: [AD] 4.0.2 release

On Mon, Jun 10, 2002 at 04:41:09AM +0200, Eric Botcazou wrote:
> The release candidate 1 is available from SourceForge:
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/alleg/
>
> It would be nice if it were tested (compilation+installation) on the maximum
> number of platforms.

Solaris OK, though I do get the following when running gmake install:

[snip]
Installing lib/unix/liballeg.a to /home/eglebbk/lib
/bin/sh ./misc/mkdirs.sh /home/eglebbk/bin
Installing allegro-config to /home/eglebbk/bin
grep: illegal option -- q
Usage: grep -hblcnsviw pattern file . . .

Warning: shared library destination /home/eglebbk/lib is not in ldd search path.
Unless you add it to /etc/ld.so.conf, you must set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to include
/home/eglebbk/lib each time you want to run an Allegro program.
/bin/sh: test: argument expected
gmake: *** [install-lib] Error 1
eglebbk@xxxxxxxxxx: ~/Program/allegro-4.0.2>

things work perfectly though. Note that LD_LIBRARY_PATH does actually include
/home/eglebbk/lib, but I'm guessing this has to do with the grep failure.
I ran configure with the  --prefix=$HOME --enable-static --disable-shared
flags since I'm not root and had trouble getting the shared library to work
as non-root.

But as I said, things worked without further intervention.
--
Evert Glebbeek, Physics student
Faculty of Science, University of Amsterdam