Re: [AD] 4.0.2 release

On Monday 10 June 2002 16:34, Peter Wang wrote:
> > /bin/sh: test: argument expected
> > gmake: *** [install-lib] Error 1
>
> I can't tell what this is from, but maybe it's this in makefile.in:
>
>   @for l in alleg alld allp; do \
>     if test -f $(libdir)/lib$${l}-$(shared_version).so -a \! -L
$(libdir)/lib$${l}.so.${shared_major_minor}; then \
>       (cd $(libdir); ln -s lib$${l}-$(shared_version).so
lib$${l}.so.${shared_major_minor}); \
>     fi; \
>   done

I suppose it's possible. I'll have a look next time I'm on Solaris.

> PS. Reading libtool's documentation and some course notes, it seems Unix
> shared library mechanisms vary a lot.  I'm specifically worried about
> the above block.  Symlinking might not be the normal way things are done
> on a particular Unix.  Dunno if it's worth fixing or using libtool.

That reminds me: I had disabled the shared library with the configure
option - so it shouldn't have tried to install a shared version at all,
right?

--
Evert Glebbeek
e-mail: eglebbk@xxxxxxxxxx   ICQ: 48210348