Re: [AD] Color convertors

At 10:59 9/09/01 +0100, Laurence Withers wrote:
>I meant writing code for specific CPUs (for instance, an optimization on
>a Pentium might be unnecessary on a i686, and might even slow down a
>K6). This is just a minor extension to the current scheme. I thought of
>doing this after following the discussion about how the new color
>convertor code affected different CPUs.

On a related issue (related to CPU specific optimizations, not color
convertors), I think it would be nice to be able to compile Allegro
specifically for a certain type of processor. Right now, it can be built
specifically for a Pentium, but I'd like to have things like a k6 specific
build as well.

For gcc, this would be a minor change to the makefiles. I'd be willing to
do that, but probably not before the next WIP is out.

Evert