Re: [AD] Color convertors

Ah ! Isaac !
Come and help us :-)

> It seems there are improvements only in step 1 and step 5, so why don't we
> apply only this modifications? Also, we should test it in other CPUs
> (yours is K6-3 isn't it?), afterall I wrote the code with the AMD
> optimization guide in my hands and a k6-2 (now I own a Duron)

Because all the changes are within the error margin and not a single one is
really significative I think.

Ok, I think we should wait a little more in order to have a clear view. I'm
going to only apply the modifications needed by the BeOS port without any
optimization to the code.

> Also, I think we should target the most towards "slow" CPUs (Pentium MMX,
> K6...) rather than P4 or athlons, because these won't have any problem in
> maintaining a playable fps

I totally agree: non-MMX code should target Pentium, MMX code Pentium MMX
and K6, 3DNow! code K6-2/K6-3 and so on

---
Eric Botcazou
ebotcazou@xxxxxxxxxx