Re: [AD] Color convertors

>> Also, I think we should target the most towards "slow" CPUs (Pentium MMX,
>> K6...) rather than P4 or athlons, because these won't have any problem in
>> maintaining a playable fps
>
>I totally agree: non-MMX code should target Pentium, MMX code Pentium MMX
>and K6, 3DNow! code K6-2/K6-3 and so on

Since we already figure out what the CPU is, why not have different
versions of code for different CPUs? We already do this to a limited
extent (cpu_mmx et al.), so this would simply be an extension.

Of course, somebody does need to write all this :-)  However, if we do
implement such a system, we don't need all the code right away - it can
be added as it is contributed.

Bye for now,
--
Laurence Withers, lwithers@xxxxxxxxxx