Re: [chrony-users] Timeout for initstepslew?

> I agree. But that also means that host2 will be slaved to host1 and if host1
> goes wandering off for some reason, host 2 will try to follow.

This is the intended behavior in my system. See my application description.

> The filter is for refclocks and is a "median" filter in which
> the stuff which is more than 1 standard devation away from the mean is thrown
> away. This is to try to get rid of "popcorn" noise.
> You are not using a refclock.

According to the 3.5 docs, I can specify a filter option along with
the server option. See
https://chrony.tuxfamily.org/doc/3.5/chrony.conf.html#server
"This option enables a median filter to reduce noise in NTP
measurements. The filter will reduce the specified number of samples
to a single sample. It is intended to be used with very short polling
intervals in local networks where it is acceptable to generate a lot
of NTP traffic."