Re: [chrony-users] Timeout for initstepslew?

On Mon, Sep 23, 2019 at 05:20:12PM -0700, Zack Shivers wrote:
> I ask about the timeout on initstepslew is that the problem would be
> solved if I could set a much longer timeout than 10 seconds. The
> makestep option could work instead, but I've seen issues using this as
> well that I will post about later.

initstepslew is basically the same as a "server ... iburst" and
"makestep" together. iburst in initstepslew will send up to 6 requests
in 2 second interval, which is about 10 second total. If you need to
send more requests and keep the short interval, you could use the minpoll
and maxpoll options instead of iburst. For example:

server host1 minpoll 1 maxpoll 1
makestep 0.1 3

Please let us know what are the issues with this approach.