AW: AW: [chrony-users] chronyd: Can' Synchronize WHY ?

>From the older measurements log it seems that peer delay is stable at ms
>level. If the problem was that chrony is often preempted, I'd expect
>the peer delay to be much worse.
>Maybe this would show that it's not the case:
>$ grep ctxt /proc/`pidof chronyd`/status
>voluntary_ctxt_switches:        307234
>nonvoluntary_ctxt_switches:     2134
Hm, I don't know what "good" or "bad" values are, but here you are:
PC9: still switching (without the application running !):
   voluntary_ctxt_switches:        64369
   nonvoluntary_ctxt_switches:     3213
PC6: no longer switching, as all server are on "noselect":
   voluntary_ctxt_switches:        3951
   nonvoluntary_ctxt_switches:     34
PC3: never switching, as only 1 source is configured:
   voluntary_ctxt_switches:        16560
   nonvoluntary_ctxt_switches:     65
PC4: still switching, despite "reselectdist 5" in its config:
   voluntary_ctxt_switches:        10285
   nonvoluntary_ctxt_switches:     197
PC18: still switching, despite "minstratum 2" on 2nd reference
   voluntary_ctxt_switches:        6723
   nonvoluntary_ctxt_switches:     492
PC19: no switching
   voluntary_ctxt_switches:        19388
   nonvoluntary_ctxt_switches:     114

So the number of non-voluntary context switches of PC9 seem very
high, but just on this PC the application is no longer running.

Thomas

---