Re: [chrony-users] chronyd: Can' Synchronize WHY ?

On Fri, Sep 09, 2011 at 08:41:56PM +0000, thomas.schmid@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> >What clocksource does it use?
> >cat /sys/devices/system/clocksource/clocksource0/{current,available}_clocksource
> # cat /sys/devices/system/clocksource/clocksource0/
> # available_clocksource  current_clocksource
> # cat /sys/devices/system/clocksource/clocksource0/current_clocksource
> # acpi_pm
> # cat /sys/devices/system/clocksource/clocksource0/available_clocksource
> # acpi_pm jiffies tsc

If the cpu frequency is constant, switching to tsc might be worth a
shot (echo "tsc" to the current_clocksource file).

> The only (relatively) special thing: We have a multi-threaded user space application running
> with a lot of threads (~70): About 6...10 of them are running using the (almost) realtime
> scheduler the standard Linux kernel provides (no RT-patches applied), and 4..6 are using
> very high priorities 80..99.
> Might this interfere with chrony ?

Perhaps, can you try it without that application?

An experiment to rule out the possibility that the clock discipline is
broken would be to add the noselect option to all servers so chrony
doesn't touch the clock and see if the skew values get better.

---