Re: Cookutils - New tools to cook packages

All my patches will be added into my testing branch of my own cookutils:

https://bitbucket.org/godane/cookutils

You can get the patches there.

On Fri, May 6, 2011 at 3:06 AM, Christopher Rogers <slaxemulator@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> What is the problem with deps an cookutils. Is dose not work for you ?
> On my side it store installed package before cooking, do a diff and
> then remove installed build deps.

1) The cookorder looks like a mess. Also we have stuff like this 'acl: attr' showing up twice.

2) Me and GoKhlaYeh can't read it. Compressing the cook order list will help alot. Like example, do the list should be like this:
cdrkit: libpcap zlib bzlib attr
This will make it alot clean error. Also a check for duplicate depends would be nice. Looks right now attr is used twice.

3) cooker will have to be able to rebuild from scratch. I can' t be testing packages using two different package builds. Bugs you have with cooker may not exist on tazwok. Thats whats going to cause tazwok to break in the future.

On Fri, May 6, 2011 at 1:27 AM, Christophe Lincoln <pankso@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> If you really ask me, I'll answer that you can act as me or accusate
> me for the way I act, but not the both. Anyway you probably don't
> really wait an answer from me on this subject so do what you want and
> be happy with it. Unluckily I don't have the possibility to maintain
> tank myself so things are almost done.

Will see what apends, if we can't manage Tazwok/tank ourself we have to
find a solution anywhere.

> I'm back on the roads tomorow, bye.

The all community will wait on you until autumn :-)