Re: Cookutils - New tools to cook packages

On Fri, 6 May 2011 00:39:55 +0200
Christophe Lincoln <pankso@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Does it means that you're going to rewrite tazpkg too?
>
> And realy, why are you so angry ? I'm not REMOVING your work, it's the
> other side, I want to keep and give Tazwok it real place: The SliTaz
> scrtach builder
>
> Not happy with that ? And why I could not write the tools I want, I must
> ask you before ?
>
> GoKhlaYeh, you have incredible skills, I never stoped saying you did
> huge task in Tazwok. But why can't you understand that we not all like
> you and I (we) tried to understand Tazwok many time wihtout success. I
> also take your party many times here on the list and in private mail,
> but please understand we not alone in the project.
>
> As you know I maintain the distro from 5 year ago and I will be ther in
> 5 years, is it your case ? I dont want to live with tools that I can't
> improve or debug, so why the cookutils. And one more time: I'm not
> doing 'rm -rf tazwok' I hope you will still maintain it as you can on
> your free time and be part of the project.
>
> It's a shame I did not have time to talk to you before cookutils are
> public. I wanted that before anything since we could have find
> solutions together and you would maybe understand me better.
>
> - Christophe
>
> ---
> SliTaz GNU/Linux Mailing list - http://www.slitaz.org/

As I told, as first I'm angry because instead of explaining what you're
doing & why you did it again with theses tazwok doesn't works, it's all
buggy, etc… while THAT'S NOT TRUE!!!

So. Few weeks ago you didn't intend to revert tazwok or to cook
something else… Now you coded something like 1500 lines so I don't
think the idea comes to you this night. Too bad if you havn't time to
talk with me about it.

Few hours ago you said that you «want to use current receipt». Now you
are talking about making different compiles rules for tazwok in some
packages, and to «fix» current receipts wich don't build using you're
new cook tool.

So, what I understand is that you're not going to replace tazwok by
cookutil only on tank but everywhere, and SliTaz lead is make this
cookutil works even if it brokes tazwok. Then, I'm allowed (and people
wanted to) to works on maintaining my(our) code & add a compatibility
layer in receipts. Obviously, people who don't care about tazwok will
eventually broke it, often or not. Given I don't have so much time &
internet connection theses days, and maybe until automn, there's a
probability that when I get a new opportunity to works on code
seriously all will be hardly broken and 6 monthes of hard works will be
trashed out. There's also good chances that in that time you take the
decision to trash out all tazwok compatibility because it's bloated too.

So, why I am angry? Let's say that if I knew it, I didn't spend my time
on SliTaz & now I regret it because I feel that here you're only write
few sweet words to avoid drama, & then you'll trash out the whole thing
anyway.

Too bad...
--
GoKhlaYeh <gokhlayeh@xxxxxxxxxx>