Re: Cookutils - New tools to cook packages

> hi,

Hi,

> so if i have understand :
>
>      everyons is ok witch the fact that a lot of work have been done
> on tazwok and its now have become a big tool.
>     but for a part of the people theres some bugs and heres some
> unwanted/missing feature thes people seem to be disposed to adapt the
> code for ther need but c'ant do it du to dificulty to understand the
> code so they have start an other project.
> So for me, the conflict come from a does-not-make-everyone-happy
> tazwok and goes to an new does-not-make-everyone-happy cookutils.
> have you checked others way?

In fact Tazwok was an easy tool and was making everyone happy. It is
the build tool I coded from SliTaz 1.0. Since the start of this year is
as becaome a all in one tool (packages builder + build bot) and my old
Tazbb was ingored as well as the unix philosophy: one tool for one task
and do it well.

> - like for example ask to the people who have writed the code to add
> more coment , try to clean ther code

Ther is comments, but understand 3500 lignes of code is difficult.

> - split tazwok into kindof tazwok-lite and tazwok-extra

Like explained before it was splitted at first but the today Tazwok
merged all in one tool.

> - rewrite or remove parts of the code

It's why I rewrite cookutils, clean base, minimum code and without all
the errors I did 5 years ago.

> -  monitorize used command to see with one are not used.

Nice idea, how would you implement that ? Ask dev to sent report ?

> becose for bolt side whatever your code/tool is good if its a
> does-not-make-everyone-happy people will complain and say its crappy.
> (look how mutch people complain about google&gmail spying and use
> it )

For the moment the cookutils make unhappy 2 people, for sentimental
reason... in time we will see. I could revert all Tazwok changes and
come back in the stat of december, but I respect the work done and I
would like to keep it.