Re: Cookutils - New tools to cook packages

> As I told, as first I'm angry because instead of explaining what
> you're doing & why you did it again with theses tazwok doesn't works,
> it's all buggy, etc… while THAT'S NOT TRUE!!!

So I must'n have been clear: Tazwok IS incedible and works, I use it
these last month. But Tazwok dont feet most developer packing needs and
is a lot of work to maintain on Tank.

> So. Few weeks ago you didn't intend to revert tazwok or to cook
> something else… Now you coded something like 1500 lines so I don't
> think the idea comes to you this night. Too bad if you havn't time to
> talk with me about it.

You shoul reconsider that, I started cookutils 4 days ago when I gor
crazy to see all thes blocked package on Tank and when I tried to
rebuild the toolchain 3 times without succes (ok due to missing update
you will say, but why installed packages in chroot dont update them
self when cooked, I mean if pkg is installed then tazpkg install.)

That said it also show Tazwok still need some work to be stable for
Tank and SliTaz Paclages.

> Few hours ago you said that you «want to use current receipt».. Now you
> are talking about making different compiles rules for tazwok in some
> packages, and to «fix» current receipts wich don't build using you're
> new cook tool.

It was an idea, I'm open to discussion about compatibility. Look you
also did so many things in the wok that I can't checked eerything, but
let me say you I was afraid when I looker to Binutils or linux receipt
since ther have function I never know about...

> So, what I understand is that you're not going to replace tazwok by
> cookutil only on tank but everywhere, and SliTaz lead is make this
> cookutil works even if it brokes tazwok. Then, I'm allowed (and people
> wanted to) to works on maintaining my(our) code & add a compatibility
> layer in receipts. Obviously, people who don't care about tazwok will
> eventually broke it, often or not. Given I don't have so much time &
> internet connection theses days, and maybe until automn, there's a
> probability that when I get a new opportunity to works on code
> seriously all will be hardly broken and 6 monthes of hard works will
> be trashed out. There's also good chances that in that time you take
> the decision to trash out all tazwok compatibility because it's
> bloated too.

What a bunch of prevision. Medium ?

> So, why I am angry? Let's say that if I knew it, I didn't spend my
> time on SliTaz & now I regret it because I feel that here you're only
> write few sweet words to avoid drama, & then you'll trash out the
> whole thing anyway.

You know me so well ? I'm not trashing anything, I'm not replacing
Tazwok on Tank now and may not do it if one make it work, I asked you
some time ago to install the build bot, done ? These 160 blocked
packages was ther for more than a week, who care ? I asked you to
install the bb because I'm not sure wher and how to place it, it also
look like Christopher dont relay know, so YOU are the ONLY one who can
handle that.

Did I touch Tazwok ? do you see commit that break receipt ? No and it's
not planed to remove it, but I'm sure you knaow that if anybody
maintain Tazwok it will be forgot, so why YOU must make this project
live, YOU take the maintainance, so it's your job.

And you want to talk about time you give. Some one forced you to work
for slitaz ? Is'n it a pleasure or you ? You not pround of your work ?
So why have you done all that ?

You must do things because you want it, because you belive in it. I
belive in SliTaz and I'm happy with it, it not just about code, it's a
human project and we have conflict, is's normal.

I could also feel made because you wasted my time by commiting and
coding things only you want but was never a community discussion.
Resulting in no stable version in march like palnned one year before,
so I wasted 3 mount this year just because huge change appends in last
minute. Remember a sent a mail on the list end of last year saying wok
is frozen, no one listen to me, at least you and godane.

You want to talk about regrets: I should have stop you in janury whwn
you broke Tank 10 times in 2 weeks, you would also have benefit of that
descision, since you would have not lost your time.

> Too bad...

Yes too bad...